Lemon Cupcakes with Blackberry Buttercream Frosting


Happy Friday! I consider this to be the best day of the week, because it feels full of bright potential for a wonderful weekend to come. Tomorrow I look forward to sleeping in, spending time with friends that I haven't seen in a while, and (hopefully) getting a nice long run in on the treadmill in the cardio cinema to work off the wonderful sugary desserts I ate this past week, despite the fact that my husband and I made a goal to only eat sweets twice a month. I knew we would give up at some point, we always do. But at least we try and try again!

It started off small, and then crescendoed into a full fledged sweet binge. On Monday, my mother-in-law came home with an entire Costco cheesecake to share. Oh how I love cheesecake, but I stayed strong and declined a piece. On Tuesday, I was slightly bored and thirsty, so I decided to make some "healthy" ice cream for everyone. A little bit of unsweetened almond milk, a few frozen ripe bananas, a spoonful of peanut butter, and a dab of cocoa. It was guilt-free heaven. On Wednesday, a friend made some kool-aid pop corn. I figured, "hey, pop corn is low in calories and good-ish for you, right?" So I dug in and ate about 5 handfuls of the kool-aid/Karo Syrup/Butter covered goodness. But I was strong and I stopped at 5. Thursday came and I decided that my wonderful boss needed something as sweet as she is as a birthday surprise on Friday. Two cupcakes and about 6 spoonfuls of frosting later I texted my coworker, "I ate so much frosting my hands are shaking!" Then tonight was the culmination of it all, with a pit stop to the award-winning Cravings Cupcakes in Pleasant Grove, UT after dinner with friends. If you haven't tried their "Better Than What" cupcakes then you don't know what you are missing out on!

So needless to say, when I give up on a diet, I give up hard. Similar to my "gluten-free" month in 2014. After 3 weeks of no bread, I decided to heck with it and I went and ate every carb-filled delicious piece of wheaty goodness I could get my hands on for 3 days straight.

Long story short, diets are people who have self control. I am one of those people for a time, but I usually give up. In the end, I know that the best way to living a happy, healthy life is exercise, not eating too much, getting in my 3 servings of veggies and 2 servings of fruit a day, and avoiding processed foods. Yes sir, common sense is the miracle diet.

But I digress. You are probably thinking at this point, "why in the world is this girl writing so much?!?! Get to the food already!" I don't blame you. But I don't really have much of an introduction. So lo and behold:


Everything you could ever want in a melt-in-your-mouth piece of sugary goodness.



But I have some bad news for you. I am not a chef.


I just like to take pictures of recipes that I have followed.


So if you want the real thing, go here: http://bakerbynature.com/lemon-cupcakes-blackberry-buttercream/


Thanks for reading anyways!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Graphic Design Portfolio

Meet The Photographer

My name is Jenessa. I am a full-time graphic designer, with a photography business on the side living in Utah County. As a photographer, I have experience doing:

• Weddings
• Engagments/Bridals
• Family
• Infants
• Commercial
• Portraits
• Product Photography

If you are interested in booking a session, please contact me at jmariemi@gmail.com