Stolen Lilacs

While out scouting for a photoshoot location, I discovered a giant hedge of lilacs that wrapped all around a cemetery. As I stole the violets from the hedge, I prayed that the ghosts of the deceased who lay in there wouldn't come and haunt me for my sins.

I took the violets home, arranged them in a vase, and decided that they needed to have their beauty eternally captured on camera, so I took them down to my room where I had a dark wall.  I turned off all the lights to get rid of any ambient light, and after about an hour of shooting I started getting the heebie jeebies. I was so sure that those ghosts were coming for me.  Luckily though, it was only my husband Andrew, who takes joy in scaring me out of my wits daily. It really isn't such a hard thing to do after all.





I had a lot of fun playing around with lighting, and seeing what types of effects it had on the flowers. The one above I took at a low angle and straight on. I like the effect of how it turned everything 2-d.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Graphic Design Portfolio

Meet The Photographer

My name is Jenessa. I am a full-time graphic designer, with a photography business on the side living in Utah County. As a photographer, I have experience doing:

• Weddings
• Engagments/Bridals
• Family
• Infants
• Commercial
• Portraits
• Product Photography

If you are interested in booking a session, please contact me at jmariemi@gmail.com